Pygmyfoto Goes Beta
Besides a handful of interface tweaks, the current version of the application features several major improvements.
- A dedicated navigation menu makes it easier to move around Pygmyfoto.
- The application now uses the jQuery lightBox plugin to display photos. This offers a much better way to showcase your photographic masterpieces.
- A new search feature can be used to display photos that match a specific tag.
- Each photo now has a permalink which points to a separate photo page.
- The pygmyfoto.py processing script has better error handling, among other tweaks and improvements.
All key functionality has been implemented, so Pygmyfoto now enters the testing stage. A demo of the latest version of Pygmyfoto is available for your viewing pleasure, and you can grab the latest source code distribution from the project’s GitHub repository.