Rubjerg Knude Lighthouse (Danish: Rubjerg Knude Fyr) is located on the coast of the North Sea in Rubjerg, in the Jutland municipality of Hjørring in northern Denmark. It was first lit on December 27, 1900. The lighthouse ceased operating on August 1, 1968. For a number of years, the buildings were used as a museum and coffee shop, but continually shifting sands caused them to be abandoned in 2002. By 2009, the small buildings were severely damaged by the pressure of the sand and were later removed. (source: Wikipedia) Shutter speed: 1/500 sec. Aperture: f/7.1 ISO: 200
Rubjerg Knude lighthouse
The photo is published on Wikimedia Commons under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Wikimedia Commons: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Rubjerg_Knude_lighthouse.jpg